Welcome To East Bank Learning Center
I would recommend East Bank Learning Center to anyone looking for a high quality child care program which fosters learning, emotional and socialization skills. I am so pleased with the level of care each and every teacher gives our children.
One of the most important reasons I love EBLC is how much my kids love it. We typically can't get them to leave when we pick them up. EBLC is a family away from home. Each and every teacher knows our children and vice versa. There's just such a perfect balance of learning, play time and care.
I love it as a parent because of the flexibility and positive energy the teachers have for what they do. It's obvious the teachers are there because they have a passion for early childhood education and choose it as a career.
I am confident EBLC is preparing my kids for kindergarten. I have compared the 4/5 year old curriculum to that at a private school preschool program and I find ELBC is more advanced. I am proud to say my kids attend EBLC due to the level of excellence they provide to my children everyday.
We were established in 1988 and have been responsible for providing outstanding services in early childhood education ever since. We are a comprehensive preschool licensed for children ages 1-12. Afterschool care and summer camp are available. The hours of operation are from 6:30a.m. to 6:00p.m. Breakfast, lunch and two snacks are provided and are approved by the state and federal nutritional guidelines for children.
• We are a state licensed facility accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) - learn more.
• We are a Level 4 Paths to Quality Provider - learn more.
• We are a 5-Star Environmental facility - learn more.
There’s a reason our name includes Learning Center and not daycare. The goal of East Bank Learning Center is to provide the highest quality early childhood education.
We strive to have the most talented, brightest, and motivated team of professionals in Indiana. During the day, your children become our children and we treat them as if they are our own.
It is important for each child to feel they have a voice and is respected for their opinions. We want all children to feel loved and encouraged to grow and thrive during their experience with us. To see the sparkle in a child's eye when they realize they can do something new for the first time is priceless.
We’ve received a number of recent recognitions of our efforts:
• Leslie Kleppe, pictured left, owner and Executive Director, received the 2014 EDGE Award from the ISBDC. The ISBDC EDGE Awards celebrate Economic Development and Growth through Entrepreneurship. EDGE Award recipients fall into one of two categories: Emerging or Established businesses. Eligibility is limited to clients of the ISBDC through one-on-one confidential counseling through a trained ISBDC business advisor, participation in ISBDC programming, or use of ISBDC tools and business resources. EDGE Award recipients have been selected locally by the regional ISBDC staff that works directly with the business.
• 2012 Hoosier Educator Award from the State of Indiana
• 2012 Samaritan Outstanding Leadership Award promoting work/life balance
Leslie Kleppe, Owner & Executive Director
East Bank has been a St. Joseph County Chamber member since 2013.